Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Partying with Mickey Mouse

Isn't it wonderful when characters endure the test of time?  Even though we have all these fabulous new characters like Stitch, Woody & Buzz (Lightyear - not Aldren) and a whole host of beautiful princesses.... that the old crew of Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald and Daisy haven't been forgotten.

I love animation.  A couple of years back, a dear friend asked me what I wanted to be when I was a little girl (he wanted to be a tycoon - or an international playboy)......my immediate response was that I wanted to be a lawyer, which was what I wanted to be from age 11.  I never became one, after taking a few units in university.....and promptly decided it was not for me!

After dwelling on the question for a few days....wondering how it was that an 11 year old would've wanted to be a lawyer??  I remembered, that what I truly wanted to be when I grew up - was to be a cartoonist.  Pity that I never really had the talent.........

So imagine how delighted I was when I was asked to make a Mickey Mouse cake for Hudson's 2nd birthday.

 Mickey in progress. 

'Tada' I said (on adding the ears)
'Too big....' said the chorus of onlookers.....

Isn't it great to work with onlookers with opinions *heavy sarcasm*

Whilst waiting for Mickey to firm up, I had to console myself with some comfort food

A giant loaf of banana bread.  No I didn't eat the whole loaf...just a really big slice! 

The sugar cheered me up enough to start working with the dreaded red fondant

Mickey joins the party!


Happy birthday Hudson!  I hope you grow up to be as happy as Mickey always is!!



No comments:

Post a Comment