Thursday, June 16, 2011

Lego at any age

At the beginning of the week, I received a call from a very panicked newly wed bride who needed a cake for her hubby's 40th.  "I know I'm running out of time...." she says.   Naturally, she wanted it to be meaningful and a bit of a surprise, as you do.  So, as he was a big fan of lego, it was an easy choice!

I'm a huge fan of lego too.  When my sister, the UAA, spent hours dressing and re dressing her barbie dolls, I spent hours teaching myself to build little lego houses, with doors and windows on lovely green lego boards...complete with those little pine lego trees out the front.  Ah, life is a lot better when you're young and easily satisfied!

 

Here is Lego-ised Derrick with his big 4-0h sign and some of his favourite building blocks. The cake was a real hit, especially with the birthday boy.  Yes, I definately aim to please!

I hope Derrick forgives me for giving him great 70's hair!!

~~~~


Cake Love was also very excited to be at Epicurious again for our winter classes.  Our Classic 101 - Buzzy Bees and Designer Cupcake classes were filled with cheerful cake enthusiasts.  Amongst them, lawyers, dieticians, auditors, mum to be....and the list goes on.


Our weekend in pictures.











Such beautiful cakes.  Makes me sooo happy!!

~~~~
Moving onto cupcakes!

The designs UNVEILED......!  Such interesting responses captured!  Beware of the candid camera......







*Contented sigh*  Such beautiful cupcakes!  What a great way to spend a weekend!
.
And lastly, a special shout out to Kate


3 days to due date.....and still cake decorating!  What a champion!  I hope by the time this is published Kate will have her hands full with her gorgeous new bundle of joy!  


1 comment:

  1. I LOVE lego - LOOVE the cake! Hope to make it to one of your classes soon.

    ReplyDelete